Residential Pool Cover Rebate
- The applicant must receive water service from one of the following retail water agencies; Santa Clarita Water Division, Valencia Water Company, Newhall County Water District, or Los Angeles County Waterworks District 36
- Rebate amount is limited to $200.00, or up to the cost of the pool cover device, whichever is less. The actual device costs exclude sales tax, shipping, labor and other charges.
- Rebates shall be awarded on a one-time basis per service address.
- Pool covers must conform to the size and shape of the pool and cover a minimum of 85% of the total pool surface area to qualify.
- The rebate does not apply to stand-alone above-ground pools or spas.
- The rebate only applies to new pool covers specifically made for pools.
- The rebate does not apply to pool covers that are second-hand (used), mesh, homemade, liquid evaporation barriers, or solar rings.
- To qualify, the applicant must provide a legible copy of the dated itemized receipt(s) for a pool cover purchased after January 1, 2017, a copy of their most recent water bill, and photos of the new pool cover in use.
- Applications will be accepted up to 6 months after the purchase date.
- CLWA reserves the right to conduct a site visit to confirm the pool cover is being used.
- New construction will be accepted.
- Third party website (eBay, Amazon, etc.) purchases for qualifying products are eligible for rebate funds, provided that the product purchased can be verified as new and in its original packaging at the time of purchase and must be submitted with a receipt, invoice, packing slip, or confirmation identifying the item as new.
- An IRS Form W-9 and signed Release of Liability must be completed by the water account holder to receive a rebate. A check will be issued once the application has been accepted and can take up to 90 days to process.
Customer validates with their account number. The account holder info is auto filled after validation. The contact information can be entered if different than the account holder and includes (Contact name, phone number, email address). (Same as WBIC or TURF)
Application questions for information about the pool.
- What kind of pool do you have? (In-ground, above-ground, hot tub)
- Pool dimensions
- What type of pool cover did you purchase? (solar, safety, winter, other)
- Cover brand:
- Cover dimensions:
Information to upload (need all information uploaded prior to submitting application)
- Copy of the receipt
- Copy of water bill
- At least one picture of the pool cover in use covering 85% of pool (allow more if needed)
Note: Attention to Renters and Tenants: Participation requires written approval from property owner and/or property manager. Letter must be included with application.
Once application is submitted an email will be sent out with the Release of Liability form and the W-9 for the customer to fill out and return.