Smart Controller Rebate
By participating in the smart controller program, approximately 50% of residents have seen a decrease in their outdoor water use. However, this is not a guarantee. The smart irrigation controller will only save water if you have been over-irrigating (i.e., watering too much). It will not save water if you have been managing your irrigation system extremely well.
Smart controllers adjust your irrigation based on the conditions in your landscape. The controller will automatically adjust the irrigation times based on weather, soil type, sprinkler type, and plant types. With a smart irrigation controller, you will avoid over-irrigating and irrigating in the rain.
We are able to rebate smart irrigation controllers up to $150.
You will need a photo of your water bill, smart controller receipt and a photo of the new controller installed in order to apply. Please read through the following rules:
- The applicant must receive water service from Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency (formerly the Santa Clarita Water Division, Valencia Water Company and Newhall County Water District), or Los Angeles County Waterworks District #36
- Rebate amount is limited to $150.00, or up to the cost of the smart controller, whichever is less. The actual device costs exclude sales tax, shipping, labor and other charges.
- Rebates shall be awarded on a one-time basis per service address.
- Eligible rebates are for certified WaterSense labeled controllers only (link to list).
- The rebate does not apply to smart controllers that are purchased second-hand (used).
- To qualify, the applicant must provide a legible copy of the dated itemized receipt(s) for a smart controller after January 1, 2018, a copy of their most recent water bill, and photos of the new smart controller installed.
- In order for an application to be approved and for a rebate payment to be made, the owner of the water account must be current on its water utility bill.
- Applications will be accepted up to 6 months after the purchase date.
- Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency reserves the right to conduct a site visit to confirm the smart irrigation controller is being used.
- Smart controllers installed in homes that are part of new construction will be accepted.
- Third party website (eBay, Amazon, etc.) purchases for qualifying products are eligible for rebate funds, provided that the product purchased can be verified as new and in its original packaging at the time of purchase and must be submitted with a receipt, invoice, packing slip, or confirmation identifying the item as new.
- An IRS Form W-9 and signed Release of Liability must be completed by the water account holder to receive a rebate. A check will be issued once the application has been accepted and can take up to 90 days to process.
Note: Attention to Renters and Tenants: Participation requires written approval from property owner and/or property manager. Letter must be included with application.